Lift Truck Certificate Types

Certificate Types

When booking your training, you need to be aware of which certificate type you are looking for. The options are in-house or ITSSAR accredited. If you are an employer looking to train your staff then you need to consider will they be operating anywhere other than your premises? If they require use of a lift truck on other business premises, then ITSSAR is recommended. If not, then in house or ITSSAR certificates can be used.

What is the difference?

When an operator has an in-house certificate then this normally means they have been trained within the company’s premises or at a training centre booked by the company. Our in-house training is completed to the exactly the same standards as the ITSSAR certificate, but we cannot claim or indicate any association with an accrediting body.

Who are ITSSAR?

The Independent Training Standards Scheme and Register (ITSSAR) have been improving training standards since 1991, and their team writes and monitors standards for a broad range of mechanical handling equipment to guarantee the highest quality of training within the workplace.

ITSSAR are also a founding member of the Accrediting Bodies Association Work Place Transport (ABA) 2012. This accrediting body was set up to agree and maintain a common set of standards for the basic skills required to operate workplace transport equipment.